All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on film archives from around the world, this volume advances the premise that silent cinema freely crossed national borders and linguistic thresholds in ways that became far less possible after the emergence of sound.
- Author BiographyJennifer M. Bean is Director of Cinema and Media Studies and Associate Chair of Comparative Literature at the University of Washington. She is co-editor of Flickers of Desire: Movie Stars of the 1910s.Anupama Kapse is Assistant Professor in the Department of Media Studies, Queens College, CUNY. Her articles have appeared in Framework and Figurations in Indian Film.Laura Horak is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Media Studies at Stockholm University. Her writings have appeared in Camera Obscura, Cinema Journal, and Film Quarterly.
- PrizesWinner of Winner, 2015 SCMS Best Edited Collection Award.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleNew Directions in National Cinemas
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note55 b&w illus., 1 table
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAnupama Kapse,Jennifer M. Bean,Laura Horak
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.90Trending at £27.01
- £20.05Trending at £20.39
- £17.75Trending at £25.00
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £8.20Trending at £10.95
- £29.05Trending at £43.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.