Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.99
- £8.13Trending at £9.74
- £25.45Trending at £26.00
- £26.30Trending at £27.78
- £17.99Trending at £19.66
- £7.47Trending at £8.16
- £8.23Trending at £11.98
About this product
- DescriptionSilicon Carbide - this easy to manufacture compound of silicon and carbon is said to be THE emerging material for applications in electronics. High thermal conductivity, high electric field breakdown strength and high maximum current density make it most promising for high-powered semiconductor devices.
- Author BiographyPeter Friedrichs is Managing Director at SiCED, a joint venture between Siemens and Infineon located in Erlangen, Germany. SiCED develops technologies for SiC power semiconductors and systems based on these devices. Their research is devoted to device design and simulation, processing technology as well as the characterization of devices including also end of life tests. Tsunenobu Kimoto, Professor at the Department of Electronic Science and Engineering at Kyoto University, Japan, has dedicated his work to research on the growth and characterization of wide bandgap semiconductors, the process technology and physics of SiC devices. He has authored over 300 scientific publications. Lothar Ley is recently retired as Professor of Physics and Head of the Institute of Technical Physics at the University of Erlangen, Germany. From 2002 to 2008 he was speaker of the interdisciplinary Research Unit (DFG Forschergruppe) ?Silicon carbide as semiconductor material: novel aspects of crystal growth and doping?. Alongside its experimental research on SiC, his group currently also works on Diamond, Carbon Nanotubes, and Graphene. He has authored and co-authored over 400 scientific publications. Gerhard Pensl works with his group on the growth of SiC single crystals for high power device applications, its electrical and optical characterization, and on the investigation of multi-crystalline Si for solar cells. He is Academic Director at the Institute of Applied Physics at the University Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany, and has authored over 300 scientific publications.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication21/10/2009
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight1104 g
- Width178 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGerhard Pensl,Lothar Ley,Peter Friedrichs,Tsunenobu Kimoto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.