All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA delicately illustrated, vintage collection of thirty classic nursery rhymes.
- Author BiographyHenriette Willebeek Le Mair (1889-1966) was born in Rotterdam to a family of wealthy merchants. Her father, a keen patron of the arts, encouraged his daughter's artistic talent, and in 1910 she was commissioned to illustrate a collection of nursery rhymes, which was originally published as Our Old Nursery Rhymes. Through her extensive travels abroad, Henriette developed an interest in Eastern religion, languages and culture. In 1921, she converted to Sufism, a mystical Islamic philosophy. Although painting remained important to Henriette throughout her life, her religious work eventually took precedence over her illustration.
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- GenrePre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width280 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)H. Willebeek le Mair
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Best-selling in Pre-School & Early Learning
Save on Pre-School & Early Learning
- £10.75Trending at £14.98
- £6.39Trending at £6.99
- £5.84Trending at £6.70
- £9.42Trending at £9.99
- £3.20Trending at £5.99
- £5.94Trending at £6.11
- £5.22Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.