Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £7.44Trending at £8.97
- £14.58Trending at £15.24
- £7.65Trending at £9.97
- £7.96Trending at £8.99
- £14.59Trending at £18.94
- £6.34Trending at £7.00
About this product
- DescriptionSilver and Time is a supernatural mystery set in present day and 15th century Spain. When teacher Kate impulsively moves to the Costa del Sol, her everyday world is rocked by terrifying nightmares and inexplicable time-slip episodes.
- Author BiographyMerle King was born in Manchester, England. Her career has included drama school, tv, radio and stage appearances, and teaching English and drama. She had her own theatre-in-education company which toured Manchester schools. Merle received an MA from Lancaster University in Theatre Studies and an MA in scriptwriting from Salford University. When she gave up full-time teaching, she wrote plays, articles and short stories which she read on local radio and which have appeared in magazines and newspapers. Merle has lived in Estepona, Spain since 2001 where she leads a writing group. During that time, apart from her books she has written for local magazines and had one of her plays produced in Fuengirola. Her work includes features for newspapers, magazines and radio and her plays have been performed in England and Spain. Merle's idea for Silver and Time came as a result of a chance remark from her cousin about his dying father, Syd. 'You must go to Cordoba because our family come from there.' Although Merle's Jewish ancestors emigrated to Manchester from Russia in the early part of the 20th century, who knows where they had lived before that. When she moved to Spain in 2001, she visited Cordoba. Like the character in her novel, she found that in the early evening, after the tour buses had gone home, the old town, or Juderia, became for her a mysterious, mystical place, evocative of earlier times. Her journey into the past had begun. It took a good five years to research, write and complete Silver and Time. Whether her family do come from Cordoba is another story. Merle divides her time between visiting family and friends in England and life in Southern Spain where she writes and enjoys walking the paseo.
- Author(s)Merle King
- PublisherRudling House Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication10/12/2009
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRudling House Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date09/01/2017
- Weight450 g
- Width128 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.