All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter two years of training with the British Mount Everest Expedition, Edmund Hillary, along with Nepalese Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, completed the challenging climb to become the first men to reach the summit of the world's highest peak, Mount Everest, on May 29, 1953. This title helps you learn about this daring explorer and his accomplishments.
- Author BiographySamuel Willard Crompton has contributed sections on explorers and exploration to a number of works, including the American National Biography and the Atlas of Exploration. Crompton teaches history at Westfield State College and Holyoke Community College.
- Author(s)Samuel Willard Crompton
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleGreat Explorers
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour & black-&-white photographs & maps, sidebars, chronology & timeline, bibliography, glossary, further resources, web sites, index
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.49Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.81Trending at £14.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.