All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beautiful and haunting novel that launched David Almond as one of the best children's writers of today. Winner of the Carnegie Medal and the Whitbread children's book of the Year Award.
- Author BiographyDavid Almond is twice winner of the Whitbread Children's Book Award. His first novel, SKELLIG, won the Whitbread Children's Award and the Carnegie Medal and was made into a feature-length film on Sky1. His second, KIT'S WILDERNESS, won the Smarties Award Silver Medal, was Highly Commended for the Carnegie Medal, and shortlisted for the Guardian Award. THE FIRE-EATERS won the Whitbread, the Smarties Gold Award and was shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal, and his most recent novel, CLAY, was shortlisted for the Costa Children's Book Award, and the Carnegie Medal. David has also won the 2010 Hans Christian Andersen Award for his lasting contribution to children's literature and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting and innovative children's authors writing today. His books are bestsellers all over the world. He lives with his family in Northumberland. www.davidalmond.com
- PrizesWinner of Carnegie Medal 1998.
- Author(s)David Almond
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication19/04/2007
- GenreYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Weight160 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Early Reading
Save on Early Reading
- £4.34Trending at £4.95
- £4.44Trending at £5.61
- £5.49Trending at £6.48
- £7.43Trending at £9.78
- £6.69Trending at £8.02
- £6.32Trending at £6.44
- £4.99Trending at £5.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.