All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of how skiing moved from Europe's Scandinavian periphery to the mountains of central Europe, where it came to define the modern Alps and set the standard for skiing across the world. This book aims to explore intersections between work, tourism, leisure, development, environmental destruction, urbanism, and more.
- Author BiographyAndrew Denning is a postdoctoral fellow in history at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Andrew Denning
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- GenreWinter Sports
- Series TitleSport in World History
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 map, 28 b/w images, 3 tables
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £10.60Trending at £10.75
- £14.54Trending at £19.98
- £11.54Trending at £14.87
- £46.15Trending at £50.62
- £14.34Trending at £19.99
- £6.04Trending at £6.36
- £30.35Trending at £37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.