Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.96+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £6.34Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 29 Nov
All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures tales of monsters who dwell in lakes, of small people who trap humans in earthen mounds where time stands still; of dark, shape- shifting spirits whose cloak of human form is betrayed by the sand and shells which fall from their hair. This work takes us far beyond Christian times to the edge of the Iron Age.
- Author BiographyOtta Swire was born in 1898 and spent many happy childhood holidays in Skye, where she became captivated by the islands rich history of folklore and began recording them in notebooks. She had these formally published in 1949, after she had moved to Skye to live permanently. She died in 1973.
- Author(s)Otta F. Swire
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRonald Black
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.