Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by theentertainmentstore
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLisbon, late-1940s. The inhabitants of an old apartment block are struggling to make ends meet. There's the elderly shoemaker and his wife who take in a solitary young lodger; the woman who sells herself; the cultivated family come down in the world, who live only for each other and for music; and the typist whose boss can't keep his eyes off her.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago is one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922, he was in his sixties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar and Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, translated into almost fifty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Saramago died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Weight228 g
- Width133 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.93
- £5.89Trending at £5.98
- £4.66Trending at £4.79
- £4.77Trending at £4.91
- £8.38Trending at £10.49
- £4.59Trending at £5.59
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.