All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* A gripping historical novel, based on a true story, which tells the tale of a girl born into rough cloth who hungered for lace and was hanged for murder in 1763. * By a well-known Irish writer.
- Author BiographyEmma Donoghue is an Irish novelist, playwright and historian. Her second novel HOOD won the American Library Association Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Award in 1997. She is currently adapting her novel STIR-FRY for Horizonline Films (Ireland).
- PrizesShort-listed for Irish Times Literary Prize,Irish Fiction 2001.
- Author(s)Emma Donoghue
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/06/2001
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC Designer Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/01/2011
- Content Notemap
- Weight350 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- 393eileen04 May, 2016by
Great read, great value would use site again.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.28
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.