Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £4.30Trending at £4.55
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.63Trending at £6.28
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionAn old man looks into the fearful eyes of a burglar left to guard him while his brother is beaten; the driver of a car which crashed, killing a teenage girl, forges a connection with the girl's mother; a young man sets off on his morning run, reflecting on the ruins of his relationship, but all is not as it seems.
- Author BiographyDonal Ryan is from Nenagh in County Tipperary. His first two novels, The Spinning Heart and The Thing About December, and his short story collection A Slanting of the Sun, have all been published to major acclaim. The Spinning Heart won the Guardian First Book Award, the EU Prize for Literature (Ireland), and Book of the Year at the Irish Book Awards; it was shortlisted for the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award; and longlisted for the Man Booker Prize and the Desmond Elliott Prize. The Thing About December was shortlisted for the Kerry Group Irish Novel of the Year and Novel of the Year at the Irish Book Awards, and the title story of A Slanting of the Sun won the writing.ie Short Story of the Year at the Irish Book Awards. His third novel, All We Shall Know, will be published in autumn 2016. Donal holds a Writing Fellowship at the University of Limerick. He lives with his wife Anne Marie and their two children just outside Limerick City.
- Author(s)Donal Ryan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ireland Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- First Published2015
- ImprintDoubleday Ireland
- Out-of-print date31/05/2017
- Weight240 g
- Width213 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.