All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.34
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.71
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the complex interactions between imperial expansion, political abolitionism and colonial philanthropy that underpinned the ambivalent attitudes of both British evangelicals and East India company officials towards the existence of slavery in India in the period 1772-1843.
- Author BiographyAndrea Major is Lecturer in Wider World History at the University of Leeds.
- Author(s)Andrea Major
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleLiverpool Studies in International Slavery
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.