All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happened to slavery in Europe in the centuries following the fall of the Roman Empire? This book is the only history of slavery and serfdom to span the whole of early medieval Western Europe and addresses issues of slave-taking and slave-trading; people who became slaves as a result of a debt or a crime; even people who chose to become slaves.
- Author BiographyAlice Rio was Junior Research Fellow at New College, Oxford, and Osborn Fellow and College Lecturer at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, before joining the History department at King's College London in 2009. She is the author of Legal Practice and the Written Word in the Early Middle Ages (2009), which won the Royal Historical Society Gladstone Prize in 2010, as well as of a number of articles on law, legal practice, and unfreedom in the early middle ages.
- Author(s)Alice Rio
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/04/2017
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Medieval European History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight576 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.94
- £32.34Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £6.40Trending at £7.48
- £23.44Trending at £40.08
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £20.62Trending at £29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.