Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.00+ £1.58 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by ggallsorts
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSlaves are associated not just with the Colosseum of ancient Rome but also with Californian labour factories and south Asian sweatshops, while young women and children appear increasingly vulnerable to sexual trafficking. This title shows that slavery, far from being extinct, is alive and well in the contemporary era.
- Author BiographyPage DuBois is Professor of Classics and Comparative Literature at the University of California, San Diego. Her many books include Torture and Truth (1991), Sappho is Burning (1997), Trojan Horses: Saving Classics from the Conservatives (2001) and Slaves and other Objects (2003).
- Author(s)Page DuBois
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleAncients and Moderns
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.