CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a complex slave society in 19th-century Brazil, this book looks at urban slavery in an Atlantic port city from the vantage point of enslaved Africans and their descendants, examining their self-perceptions and self-identities in a variety of situations. It illustrates the difficulty of generalizing about New World slave societies.
- Author BiographyMieko Nishida is Assistant Professor of History at Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York. She held a Predoctoral Research Fellowship at the Carter G. Woodson Institute of the University of Virginia and a Rockefeller Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Institute of Latin American Studies of the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Mieko Nishida
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2003
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleBlacks in the Diaspora
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 maps, 1 bibliog., 1 index
- Weight581 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.