CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.30
- £56.74Trending at £68.99
- £16.78Trending at £22.84
- £18.13Trending at £19.98
- £37.19Trending at £44.17
- £16.28Trending at £20.28
- £13.77Trending at £14.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive resource on slurries and slurry systems, covering everything from fluid mechanics to soil classification, pump design to selection criteria.
- Author BiographyBAHA ABULNAGA, P.E., obtained his Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering in 1980 from the University of London and his Masters in Materials Engineering in 1986 from the American University in Cairo, Egypt. The first years of his professional career were devoted to the adaptation of air cushion platforms to desert environments, as well as the development of renewable energy systems. In 1988, he joined CSIRO (Australia) as a scientist. There he conducted research on complex multiphase flow for the design of smelting furnaces. Since 1990, he has been active in design of rotating equipment, pumps, and slurry pipelines and processing plants. His career has been a balanced mixture of design of equipment and consulting engineering. He has been employed as a design engineer for a number of manufacturers such as Warman Pumps (now part of Weir Pumps), Svedala Pumps and Process (now part of Metso Mineral Systems), Sulzer Pumps North America, and Mazdak Pumps and Mixers. He has also contracted as a slurry and hydraulics specialist for major consulting engineering firms such as ERM, SNC-Lavalin, Fluor, Bateman, Rescan, and Hatch and Associates. His involvement in the design, expansion, and commissioning of projects has included ASARCO Ray Tailings (USA), LTV Steel (USA), Zaldivar Pipeline (Chile), Southern Peru Expansion (Peru), Lomas Bayes (Chile), Escondida (Chile), BHP Diamets (Canada), Muskeg River Oil Sands (Canada), Bajo Alumbrera (Argentina), Homestake Eskay Creek (Canada), and many other engineering projects, feasibility studies, and audits.
- Author(s)Baha Abulnaga
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication29/04/2002
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note449 b&w illustrations, 1 colour illustration
- Weight1007 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.