Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £4.69Trending at £4.75
- £29.78Trending at £31.48
- £14.30Trending at £21.45
- £10.09Trending at £12.99
- £7.57Trending at £8.48
- £28.88Trending at £30.58
About this product
- DescriptionMany different groups have many different opinions on what should be done to remedy various problems. This work argues that though all are partly in the right, yet all are wholly wrong! It emphasises the importance of understanding human scale and empowering local communities as a way forward.
- Author BiographyJOHN PAPWORTH grew up in an orphanage in the East End of London and studied at the London School of Economics. He was active in the Colonial Freedom Movement and stood for Parliament in the 1950s as a labour candidate before becoming disillusioned with mass politics. For many years, he acted as the advisor to Kenneth Kaunda. He was a founding associate editor of The Ecologist and founding editor of Resurgence which published Schumacher's Small is Beautiful before it was accepted by Blond and Briggs. A resident of London, he apportions his time between his duties as an Anglican priest and editing the journal Fourth World Review.
- Author(s)John Papworth
- Date of Publication24/10/1995
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitlePraeger Studies on the 21st Century
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.