Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £68.23
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £27.36Trending at £27.79
- £21.06Trending at £21.31
- £23.49Trending at £34.99
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £29.64Trending at £34.99
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight640 g
- Edited byMaria Fatima Montemor
- Table Of ContentsPreface Part 1 Processing and characterization of smart composites 1 Properties of smart adaptive composite materials 2 Smart and composite inorganic coatings obtained by sputtering: a promising solution for numerous application fields 3 Modeling the behavior of smart composite materials Part 2 Smart Composite Coatings for Aerospace, Marine and Structural Applications 4 Smart composite coatings for corrosion protection of aluminium alloys in aerospace applications 5 Smart anti-biofouling composite coatings for naval applications 6 Smart corrosion protection by multi-action self-healing polymeric coatings 7 Hybrid nanocontainer-based smart self-healing composite coatings for the protection of metallic assets Part 3 Smart composite coatings for the protection of materials and other applications 8 Smart multiphase polymer coatings for the protection of materials 9 Smart anti-microbial composite coatings for textiles and plastics 10 Smart hydrophobic and soil repellent protective composite coatings for textiles and leather 11 New smart environmentally-friendly composite coatings for wood protection Part 4 Smart composite materials for environmental and energy applications 12 Smart composite reverse-osmosis membranes for energy generation and water desalination processes 13 Smart multifunctional hybrid coatings with adjustable permeability for migration barriers
- Author BiographyProfessor M. F. Montemor works at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal. She is co-author of more than 150 published scientific papers. Her research objectives focus on new surface functionalization strategies, the development and characterization of novel coatings for corrosion protection and improved durability of metallic substrates for application in the transportation sector, construction and energy production/storage. She is Editor of Applied Surface Science, and a member of the editorial boards of the journals Cement and Concrete Composites and Surface and Coatings Technology. Since January 2015 she has been the President of the European Federation of Corrosion.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.