Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo stories which have been made into films. In Smoke a novelist, suffering from writer's block and the violent death of his wife, is inspired by a young black boy to write again. The action of Blue in the Face partly takes place in the cigar shop which was the focal point of Smoke .
- Author BiographyPaul Auster is the bestselling author of Winter Journal, Sunset Park, Man in the Dark, The Brooklyn Follies, The Book of Illusions and The New York Trilogy, among many other works. In 2006 he was awarded the Prince of Asturias Prize for Literature and inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Among his other honours are the Independent Spirit Award for the screenplay of Smoke and the Prix Medicis Etranger for Leviathan. He has also been shortlisted for both the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award (The Book of Illusions) and the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction (The Music of Chance). His work has been translated into more than forty languages. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Paul Auster
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Note80 b&w illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £9.52Trending at £9.69
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £9.51Trending at £9.98
- £8.83Trending at £9.25
- £2.48Trending at £2.95
- £7.32Trending at £7.73
- £7.42Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.