All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSmoking Geographies provides a research-led assessment of the impact of geographical factors on smoking. The contributors uncover how geography can show us not only why people smoke but also broader issues of tobacco control, providing deeper clarity on how smoking and tobacco is governed .
- Author BiographyRoss Barnett is Adjunct Professor at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. He is particularly interested in the implementation of smoking cessation policies and their effectiveness in increasing quit rates among disadvantaged groups. He also acts as a consultant to the Centre for Tobacco Control Research, Zhejiang University in Shanghai. Graham Moon is Professor of Spatial Analysis in Human Geography at the University of Southampton, England. He has acted as a consultant and advisor to national and local governments on smoking cessation policy. Recent work has focused on longitudinal changes in the impact of ethnic segregation on smoking and on smoking-related mortality. Jamie Pearce is Professor of Health Geography and co-Director of the Centre for Research on Environment, Society & Health (CRESH) at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. His research considers social, political and environmental processes affecting social and spatial inequalities in health. Recent work has examined the influence of the local availability and marketing of tobacco products on smoking norms and behaviour. Lee Thompson is Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand. Her research has centred on the governance of population health, with a special interest in tobacco control and the unintended consequences of tobacco control interventions. Liz Twigg is Professor in Human Geography at the University of Portsmouth, England. She has research and consultancy experience concerning place effects on smoking behaviour, and is particularly interested in identifying hard-to-reach groups in terms of smoking cessation policy.
- Author(s)Graham Moon,Jamie Pearce,Lee Thompson,Liz Twigg,Ross Barnett
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- Series TitleRGS-IBG Book Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight456 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.44Trending at £25.11
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £20.79Trending at £35.16
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.