All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA computer expert (Robert Redford) heads a team of renegade hackers who test security systems. His past comes back to haunt him when government agents blackmail the "Sneakers" into carrying out a covert operation: track down an elusive black box filled with national security secrets.
- Leading Role 1Robert Redford
- Director 1Phil Alden Robinson
- Leading Role 2Dan Aykroyd
- Leading Role 3Ben Kingsley
- Additional Roles byJames Earl Jones,Sidney Poitier,David Strathairn,River Phoenix,Mary McDonnell
- Score ComposerJames Horner
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreComedy
- Subtitle LanguagesCzech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Norwegian,Polish,Portuguese,Swedish
- Running Time120 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- iainspottyginge...22 Mar, 2017by
Up there with the best spy-type thrillers.
Ben Kingsley's great in this.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- wendym842725 Feb, 2012by
Great Film, Good Cast Of Actors, Good Storyline... Spy/Cold War/Hacking
Great Film... Don't have to be technically minded to get storyline or gadgets they use... Era of Cold War and emerging power of the Computer and binary code...
- shinjitsumeiyo18 Sep, 2011by
Great drama on a more serious note
Great film, packed full of stars, if you love 80s/90s films this is worth a look. If you like Short Circuit then maybe you will like this, although this is not a comedy, it has a similar techy nerdy feel to it.
- 5857christopher18 Jul, 2011by
A very good film and i hope i see it time and time again.
Though it is a little light-weight this action-thriller is ultimately satisfying to those liking a dose of this genre with a bit of sci-fi/high tech thrown in. Robert Redford, Dan Aykroyd and Sidney Poitier are good, you don't see enough of River Phoenix and Ben Kingsley is not so hot as the villain. It's a shame that the sound's not re-mastered into 5.1 but if you crank up your flat-panel TV speakers in 3D or equivalent mode, along with your surround system speakers then you get a bit nearer to a surround mix from the stereo source. It's not the best film that River Phoenix or any of the other stars were in, nor is it the best of its genre but it's still worth 4 or 5 quid to see and have on DVD. My only real criticism is that it's a pretty shoddy, basic disc with no extras.
- peterh724026 Apr, 2011by
A TURNIP CURES ELVIS are the first words you see on the screen when this jokey thriller begins. Turns out it is an anagram of Universal Pictures! The producers have some good-natured fun with the cast's names, too, in the credits. This silly story about some guys who are paid to break into high-tech buildings to reveal their security shortcomings is a load of nonsense. BUT the fabulous cast, Robert Redford, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Ben Kingsley, Mary McDonnell and Sidney Poitier work their socks off to make this movie highly entertaining. So forget the plot, just put your feet up and enjoy the performances!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £39.98Trending at £74.99
- £3.99Trending at £4.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £14.95Trending at £24.98
- £5.50Trending at £6.16
- £26.49Trending at £47.50
- £2.23Trending at £2.47