Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.98+ £4.65 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by blt-deals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharlie Mackenzie (Mike Myers) is a love-shy 'poet' living in San Francisco, who frequents neighbourhood coffee houses reciting his tortured odes to unrequited love. Burned by a string of failed relationships, Mackenzie's fear of commitment has intensified into outrageous extremes of paranoia. When he finds himself falling for the sweet-faced butcher (Nancy Travis) at his local meat shop, he sees it as a final chance for love to overcome his painful cynicism. Feeling he has squelched his nagging fears, Mackenzie marries the woman. But his anxiety quickly manifests itself in the conviction that his betrothed is actually an infamous axe murderer whose antics are described in juicy detail in each week's issue of the Weekly World News. Myers also plays his own father, Stuart Mackenzie, a football-loving, Rod Stewart-singing Scotsman who repeatedly refers to Charlie's over-cranial younger brother William as 'Head'.
- Leading Role 1Nancy Travis
- Director 1Thomas Schlamme
- Leading Role 2Anthony La Paglia
- Leading Role 3Amanda Plummer
- Additional Roles byBrenda Fricker,Paul Sanchez,Mike Myers
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Croatian,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,Greek,Hebrew,Hungarian,Icelandic,Italian,Norwegian,Polish,Portuguese,Romanian,Spanish,Swedish,Turkish
- Running Time89 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- fairly-odd-pare...10 Aug, 2012by
This is cute, funny and with an added twist at the end. Well worth a watch, and rewatch, again, and again.
- dedouche17 Sep, 2010by
Romcom for boys and girls
This is a happy enough romcom for boys and girls. well acted with a good supporting cast and a good sound track. Definately one to see if you can.
- bigellpandabear12 Apr, 2010by
A Top Ten Film
This film is simply genius throughout. Mike Myers creates come superb characters with a supporting cast who provide moments of absolute pleasure. Who can forget when his mother kisses Tony after the football match, the piper passing out, his younger brother infront of the TV. SUPERB.
- johnplimsole22 Oct, 2009by
This is without doubt one of Mike Myers funniest films to date. Topped only by the Love Guru in my opinion. Well worth shelling out for. :- )
- poppywoo4444444...12 Sep, 2009by
So I married an axe murderer
Such a funny film that will never date. Mike Myers at his best. He plays his Scotish father in the film that will have you in tears. A star cast with actors who have recently become huge stars. I purchased this film to take on holiday so we could have a giggle at some harmless humour.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
- £19.57Trending at £21.21
- £8.97Trending at £11.99
- £12.99Trending at £13.82
- £12.98Trending at £28.48
- £9.99Trending at £13.21