All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book examines its effects on psychological functioning and on the risk factors for mental health that are associated with communities that have either high or low levels of social capital. Analyses the implications of research findings for future policy developments and makes clear recommendations for future practice and research.
- Author BiographyKwame McKenzie is Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry at the Royal Free and University College Medical School. He is one of the founding members of the Social Capital Forum at King's College London and advises the World Bank on this subject. He is Assistant Editor of the British Journal of Psychiatry, having previously edited The Practitioner. Trudy Harpham is Professor of Urban Development and Policy at London South Bank University and Honorary Professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Her research focuses on urban health in developing countries, including an international study of childhood poverty in Peru, Ethiopia, Vietnam and India.
- Author(s)Kwame McKenzie,Trudy Harpham
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byRichard G. Wilkinson
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.