Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCommunity Development Research and Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJohn M. Halstead,Steven C. Deller
- Table Of ContentsFOREWORD. Social Capital Theory and Practice Twenty Years Out. Mark R. Warren CHAPTER 1. Social capital and community development: An introduction. John M. Halstead and Steven C. Deller. CHAPTER 2. A Brief History of Social Capital Research. Shannon H. Rogers and Patricia M. Jarema. CHAPTER 3. How the built environment affects social capital at the community level. Kevin M. Leyden and Abraham Goldberg. CHAPTER 4. Social Capital, Communities, and the Firm. Bjorn Markeson and Steven C. Deller. CHAPTER 5. Social Capital, County Information Networks and Poverty Reduction. Stephan J. Goetz and Yicheol Han. CHAPTER 6. Measuring social capital at the neighborhood scale through a community based framework. Shannon H. Rogers and Kevin H. Gardner CHAPTER 7. Social Capital and Community Planning. Mary A. Friedman and Andria V. Fraser. CHAPTER 8. The relationship between social capital and ecosystem services: A regional analysis. Patricia M. Jarema and John M. Halstead CHAPTER 9. The Role of Natural Disasters and Technology in the Formation of Social Capital. Mark Skidmore and Hideki Toya. CHAPTER 10. Latino/a Immigration, Social Capital, and Business Civic Engagement in Rural Prairie Towns. Terry L. Besser and Nancy J. Miller CHAPTER 11. Social capital: What do we know? And where do we go from here?
- Author BiographyJohn M. Halstead is Professor of Environmental Economics at the University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, USA. He received his PhD in Agricultural and Applied Economics from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, MS in Resource Economics from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, and BA from the University of Notre Dame. Steven C. Deller is Professor of Agricultural Economics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. He received his PhD in Agricultural Economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, his MS in Economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and his BA in Economics from Western Illinois University.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.