All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a definitive critical introduction to service user views and involvement. It addresses both the theoretical and practical issues of service user involvement, and includes initiatives on the impact and outcomes from involvement.
- Author BiographyPeter Beresford is Professor of Social Policy and Director of the Centre for Citizen Participation at Brunel University, UK, Visiting Professor at Edge Hill University, a long term user of mental health services and Chair of Shaping Our Lives, the national service user led organisation and network. He is a writer, researcher, educator and campaigner with a long-standing involvement in issues of participation and empowerment. Sarah Carr is a Senior Research Analyst at the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), an Honorary Fellow at the Faculty of Health, Staffordshire University, a Visiting Fellow of the Centre for Government and Charity Management, Faculty of Business, London South Bank University and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. She is a trustee of NDTi, the LGB&T Consortium of Voluntary and Community Organisations and of the National Survivor and User Network (NSUN). Sarah is a long-term user of mental health services and has written on her own experiences as well as general mental health practice and policy, LGB welfare and equality issues, service user empowerment and participation.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleResearch Highlights in Social Work
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPeter Beresford,Sarah Carr
- Series Edited byJoyce Lishman
- Foreword bySimon Denegri
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.