Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2007
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFrontiers of Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKlaus Fiedler
- Table Of ContentsFiedler, Frontiers of Research on Social Communication: Introduction and Overview. Section I: Communication Within and Between Groups and Cultures. Kashima, Klein, Clark, Grounding: Sharing Information in Social Interaction. Wigboldus, Douglas, Language, Stereotypes, and Intergroup Relations. Conway III, Schaller, How Communication Shapes Culture. Giles, Willemyns, Gallois, Chernikoff Anderson, Accommodating a New Frontier: The Context of Law Enforcement. Stahlberg, Braun, Irmen, Sczesny, Representation of the Sexes in Language. Section II: Strategic Uses of Social Communication. Erb, Bohner, Social Influence and Persuasion: Recent Theoretical Developments and Integrative Attempts. Wanke, What is Said and What is Meant: Conversational Implicatures in Natural Conversations, Research Settings, Media, and Advertising. Hollingshead, Jacobsohn, Beck, Motives and Goals in Context: A Strategic Analysis of Information Sharing in Groups. Section III: Social Communication, Affect, and Behavior Regulation. Bavelas, Gerwing, Conversational Hand Gestures and Facial Displays in Face-to-Face Dialogue. Vrij, Deception: A Social Lubricant and a Selfish Act. Chung, Pennebaker, The Psychological Functions of Function Words. Section IV: Social Communication and Adaptive Behavior Regulation. Snyder, Stukas Jr., Interpersonal Processes in Context: Understanding the Influence of Settings and Situations on Social Interaction. Semin, Linguistic Markers of Social Distance and Proximity. Corballis, The Evolution of Language. Schober, Epilogue: Language at the Heart of Social Psychology.
- Author BiographyKlaus Fiedler is Professor of Psychology at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. His major research interests are in social cognition, judgment and decision making, language, affect and cognition, and - connecting all these interests - in the interplay of intrapersonal and environmental factors in the regulation of social behavior. He has made original contributions to these domains, published and edited various books, and served editorial functions for several journals, such as Psychological Review, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, and European Journal of Social Psychology. His academic awards include the Gottfried-Willheim-Leibniz-Price 2000 and Theodor-Heuss-Professorship at the New School in New York in 2004.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.