All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Charles Tilly,Lesley J. Wood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Table Of ContentsPreface to First Edition Preface to Second and Third Editions 1 Social Movements as Politics 2 Inventions of the Social Movement 3 Nineteenth-Century Adventures 4 Twentieth-Century Expansion and Transformation 5 Social Movements Enter the Twenty-First Century 6 Democratization and Social Movements 7 Futures of Social Movements Discussion Questions References Publications on Social Movements by Charles Tilly, 1977-2010 Index About the Authors
- Author BiographyCharles Tilly, Columbia University, is one of the premier sociologists of our time. Among his 50 highly influential books are Contentious Politics (Paradigm 2006) and Trust and Rule (Cambridge University Press 2005). Lesley Wood is Associate Professor of Sociology at York University in Toronto, Canada. She is the author of Direct Action, Deliberation and Diffusion (2012) and co-author of the third edition of Social Movements 1768-2012. She is an activist in the global justice and anti-poverty movements.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.53
- £15.01Trending at £16.70
- £13.77Trending at £20.04
- £31.44Trending at £52.30
- £11.27Trending at £18.05
- £12.58Trending at £18.94
- £10.62Trending at £16.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.