Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- Author(s)Roberta R. Greene
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Table Of ContentsPART 1: RESEARCH AND HISTORY OF RESILIENCE. 1. Risk and Resilience Theory: Social Work Practice in a Changing World, Roberta R. Greene. 2. A Risk and Resilience Perspective: Current Practice, Roberta R. Greene. PART 2: THE REM. 3. The REM Model: Phase I - Assessment, Roberta R. Greene. 4. The REM Model: Phase II - Practice Strategies, Roberta R. Greene and Kathy Armenta. PART 3: APPLICATIONS OF THE REM: A LIFESPAN APPROACH. 5. Child Welfare, Resilience, and Kinship Care, Rowena Fong and Nancy Kropf. 6. At-Risk Youth: Preventing and Retrieving High School Drop Out, Cynthia Franklin, Joann Garner, and Insoo Kim Berg. 7. Parenting Skills among African-American Mothers and Grandmothers: A Resiliency Perspective, Tamara Estes and Robert Blundo. 8. Survivorship in the Face of Traumatic Events and Disasters Implications for Social Work Practice, Robert Blundo and Roberta R. Greene. 9. Resilience in Recovery: How Individuals and Families Address Substance Use Disorders, Mary Margaret Just and Diana M. DiNitto. 10. WorkPlace Stressors: A Preventive Resilience Approach, Colleen Galambos, Nancy Livingston, and Roberta Greene. 11. Cultural Narratives, Older Adults, and Resilient Communities, Roberta R. Greene, Harriet L. Cohen, John Gonzalez, Youjung Lee, & Margaret Evans. 12. Caregiving: A Risk and Resilience Perspective, Joyce G. Riley. 13. Fostering Resiliency in the Aftermath of Violent Death, Marilyn Armour.
- Author BiographyRoberta Greene is a professor and The Louis and Ann Wolens Centennial Chair in Gerontology and Social Welfare at the University of Texas, Austin. She received her MSW from Michigan State University and her Ph.D. in human development from the University of Maryland. Dr. Greene's work experience has included clinical social work with older adults and their families, marriage and family therapy, as well as refugee resettlement. She has worked for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) as a staff member and was instrumental in passing the 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act (OBRA). Dr. Greene also worked for the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) as a curriculum development specialist. Before coming to The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work, Dr. Greene taught at George Mason University, the University of Maryland, the University of Georgia, and served as Dean at Indiana University School of Social Work. Dr. Greene is the author of eight texts and numerous research articles. She currently is continuing her scholarship through filmmaking and Web site design. In addition, she serves on a number of editorial review boards including the Journal of Social Work Education.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.