CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- Author(s)Karen Sowers,William S. Rowe
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/03/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart I. GLOBAL SOCIAL WORK: AN EMERGING PERSPECTIVE. 1. The Evolution of Social Work Around the World. 2. Social Work Throughout the World. 3. Global Standards for Social Work Practice: Implications for Generalist Practice. Part II. A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE IS A HUMAN PERSPECTIVE: SAMPLE POPULATIONS. 4. Social Work Practice with Children and Youth. 5. Social Work Practice with Women and Girls. 6. Social Work Practice with the Elderly. Part III. SOCIAL CHALLENGES AND PRACTICE APPROACHES FROM A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE. 7. Poverty Around the World. 8. Mental Health. 9. Substance Abuse. 10. Developmental/Physical Disability. 11. Health. 12. Crime and Justice. 13. Stress, Trauma, and Crisis Intervention. Part IV. MACRO PERSPECTIVES. 14. Community Development. Part V. THE FUTURE OF GLOBAL SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE. 15. Future Trends in Global Social Work Practice.
- Author BiographyWilliam S. Rowe is the Director of the School of Social Work at the University of South Florida. His research interests include HIV/AIDS, harm reduction, child welfare, and international social work. Dr. Rowe has written numerous journal articles and books. Karen M. Sowers is Dean of the College of Social Work at the University of Tennessee. Her expertise and research interests include juvenile justice, sexuality, social work education, child welfare, best practices in mental health, evidence-based practices, and international social work. Dr. Sowers is the author or co-author of numerous books, book chapters and journal articles. In addition to this text, Dr. Sowers has co-authored another Brooks/Cole text, Juvenile Justice Practice.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.