Consider these sponsored items
- £19.49Was:£23.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives social work students a clear understanding of current legislation and a thorough grounding in the key issues in mental health in Scotland.
- Author BiographySteve Hothersall is a senior lecturer in social work at the Robert Gordon University. He has worked as both a practitioner and manager in childcare and was previously the Director of Post-qualifying and Masters programmes in Childcare at the University of York. Steve has also worked as a mental health officer, a nurse and a teacher. Mike Maas-Lowit practiced in mental health as an Approved Social Worker in England and Mental Health Officer in Scotland until he took up a lecturing post in social work in 1991, specialising in mental health law and policy. From 2005 to 2007 he worked as the Scottish Executive's MHO advisor, helping to develop MHO services on a national basis and to revise MHO training in the light of the sweeping legislative and policy changes. He has since returned to his substantive post as a lecturer in the Robert Gordon University. Malcolm Golightley has worked in the mental health field for over twenty years, drawing on extensive experience as a community development workers, Approved Social Worker, trainer and researcher. As Head of the School of Health and Social Care he has responsibility for academic leadership and, with others, developing mental health research. Until recently he was a Mental Health Act Commissioner and carried out inspections on behalf of the Healthcare Commission.
- Author(s)Malcolm Golightley,Mike Maas-Lowit,Steve J. Hothersall
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2008
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.