All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding thematic accounts of key areas of law and practice in social work, this new edition critically explores recent legislative developments in Scotland. Incorporating changes affecting safeguarding vulnerable people, as well as personal and community care, this text clearly links social work practice to the legal framework.
- Author BiographyROGER DAVIS Staff Tutor in the Faculty of Health and Social Care, The Open University in Scotland. He is chair of the Social Work and the Law in Scotland course that this Reader accompanies and is also co-chair of the Foundation for Social Work Practice course. He has been involved in social work education since 1994 and has taught a range of Open University courses since 1999. Roger has practised as a Social Worker and Mental Health Officer. He also has experience in the voluntary sector and as an independent social care educator. He is currently a member of the Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland. JEAN GORDON Associate Lecturer at The Open University in Scotland and an Independent Researcher. She has worked in Scotland as a Social Worker and Mental Health Officer in schools, hospitals and community mental health settings. She combines teaching on the Open University's social work programme in Scotland with research, writing and publishing in the fields of mental health, social work education, and practice learning.
- Author(s)Jean Gordon,Roger Davis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/12/2010
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.89Trending at £7.98
- £6.49Trending at £7.26
- £28.12Trending at £29.43
- £40.79Trending at £41.38
- £32.31Trending at £33.24
- £36.75Trending at £45.59
- £29.70Trending at £30.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.