All listings for this product
Best-selling in School Textbooks, Study Guides
Save on School Textbooks, Study Guides
- £6.48Trending at £7.13
- £9.96Trending at £10.11
- £18.80Trending at £19.02
- £2.99Trending at £3.04
- £4.99Trending at £5.08
- £2.81Trending at £3.99
- £2.99Trending at £3.04
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a range of scholarly reflections and writings on the different roles of a social worker in the field of mental health, this book provides a holistic picture to introduce readers to the wider issues of social work and mental health practice.
- Author BiographyAbraham P. Francis is an Associate Professor in Social Work and Human Services at the College of Arts, Society and Education, JCU. With international exposure and extensive experience in community development and mental health, he taught social work at the University of Delhi in India and also worked as a senior mental health social worker with Country Health in South Australia, before moving to Townsville to join JCU. He held a stint in Queensland Health as Assistant Director of Social Work. He is associated with many voluntary organisations, associations, professional bodies and developmental projects, in both Australia and India. He has established international partnerships and research collaborations with universities and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Asia. He is passionate about working and researching in strengths-based practice in mental health. His other research interests are in the field of communities, criminal justice, international social work and gerontological social work. His excellence in teaching has likewise been recognised on a number of occasions. For example, in 2010, he was a recipient of JCU's Inclusive Practice Award for his 'exceptional support for students with a disability'. More recently, in 2016, he received the university's 'Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning' for his 'leadership and expertise in social work education in mental health that inspires and nurtures students to be competent, confident and compassionate practitioners'.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byAbraham P. Francis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.