All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the Transforming Social Work Practice series, this title is written specifically to support students on the social work degree. It is full of practical activities, case studies and opportunities for students to critically reflect and explore theory and practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Williams has 40 years' experience of working with people with learning difficulties and was a founder member of the organisation Values into Action which campaigns on behalf of people with learning difficulties. He co-authored a book on self-advocacy and has been involved in the development of citizen advocacy in the UK. From 1991 to 2007 he was a Lecturer in Social Work at the University of Reading, where he taught working with people with learning difficulties and anti-oppressive practice. He is now retired. Michelle Evans has 14 years of practice in all areas of sensory need, including Deaf/deafness, visual impairment and Deafblindness. She has a first class honours degree in social work and has worked as a care manager in adult services and a social worker in children's services. She has a particular interest in methods of social research which contribute to raising sensory awareness in social work/care management. She lectures social work students at London South Bank University and develops and delivers sensory awareness training to practitioners and managers.
- Author(s)Michelle Evans,Paul Williams
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.