All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 Illustrations, color; 3 Illustrations, black and white; XXI, 518 p. 12 illus., 9 illus. in color.
- Weight1045 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byStelios Stylianidis
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- A Brief History of Social Psychiatry.- Psychiatric Epidemiology and its Applications in Social Psychiatry.- Global Mental Health.- Psychiatric Reform in Europe.- Psychiatric Reform in Greece.- Psychoanalysis and public psychiatric care.- Mental Health Promotion: good practice in community settings.- Social Exclusion and Mental Health in Metropolitan Athens.- Psychosocial Rehabilitation and the Recovery Model: Applications in residential units in the community.- Mobile Mental Health Units in the Cyclades Islands: Mental Health Care for Adults.- Mobile Mental Health Units in the Cyclades Islands: Mental Health Care for Children and Adolescents.- A Modern Day Care Centre in Athens.- ACT and Home Care.- Counselling and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy in community settings.- Mental Health Care of itinerant populations in the community.- Modern Technologies and Social Psychiatry.- Domestic Violence and Mental Health Services in the community: Management and Evaluation.- Sexuality in individuals with severe mental illness at PSR units.- Evaluating Social Psychiatry Services.- Implications of the Socioeconomic Crisis for Staff in Community PSR units: the case of an NGO.- Staff Evaluation and Organizational Culture in Mental Health Units.- Participation and Empowerment of Users and Families.- Involuntary Hospitalization: Legal context, Epidemiology and Outcome.- Mental Health and the Financial Crisis.
- Author BiographyStelios Stylianidis, Psychiatrist, Psychoanalyst, PhD: Stelios Stylianidis is Professor of Social Psychiatry at the Department of Psychology at Panteion University in Athens. He is the founder and Scientific Director of the Scientific Association for Regional Development and Mental Health (E.P.A.PS.Y.) (nGO), member of the International Scientific Committee of Lisbon Institute of Global Mental Health (LIGMH) and Past Vice President of the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation. His past activities include being: Greek Counterpart of WHO for mental health, Chief Executive Officer of Children s Psychiatric Hospital of Attica (2000 - 2004), W.H.O. Consultant ( Nations for Mental Health Programme), as well as Director of the Community Mental Health Center in Chalkida (1989-1997). Dr. Stylianidis has professional experience (clinical work, research and administration) in France, Italy and Greece. He is a pioneer in Greece in the field of reform of psychiatric services, linking Primary Health Care with psychiatric services in networking optimization. Dr. Stylianidis contribution is also significant in the field of user and carer movement in mental health, both on a state and international level, wherein he has organized and implemented interventions primarily on the institutional level concerning empowerment, application of recovery model, and human rights in mental health. Dr. Stylianidis has been the author of over 130 scientific publications.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £79.73
- £25.00Trending at £38.42
- £60.48Trending at £61.87
- £34.73Trending at £36.26
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £30.65Trending at £31.40
- £28.56Trending at £32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.