Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £6.24Trending at £6.72
About this product
- DescriptionExamines how various media technologies have rapidly and deeply become embedded in our organizations and institutions. This book shows how these technologies mediate the community, political, economic, personal, and global spheres of our social lives. It is useful for students taking media studies courses in the areas of Information Sciences.
- Author BiographyPhilip N. Howard is an assistant professor in the Communication Department at the University of Washington. He has published several articles and chapters on the use of new media in politics and public opinion research, was the first politics research fellow at the Pew Internet & American Life Project and currently serves on the advisory board of the Survey2001 Project. He teaches courses in political communication, organizational behavior, and international media systems, and is currently preparing a book-length manuscript called Politics In Code: Franchise and Representation in the Age of New Media. Steve Jones is professor and head of the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He is author/editor of numerous books, including Doing Internet Research, The Encyclopedia of New Media, CyberSociety, and Virtual Culture. He is co-founder and president of the Association of Internet Researchers and co-editor of New Media & Society, an international journal of research on new media, technology, and culture. He also edits New Media Cultures, a series of books on culture and technology for Sage Publications, and Digital Formations, a series of books on new media for Peter Lang Publishers.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPhilip E. N. Howard,Steven Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.