All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociocultural Issues in Physical Education: Case Studies for Teachers helps teachers increase their sociocultural awareness and knowledge in order to consider how students' experiences are shaped in and through physical education classes. This book is especially useful as a professional development and academic tool.
- Author BiographySara Barnard Flory is an assistant professor in the School of Physical Education and Exercise Science at the University of South Florida. She studies the role of culture in physical education and physical activity, and she is specifically interested developing culturally competent curriculum models, school-based health initiatives, and preparing teachers for culturally diverse school settings. Stephen Sanders is professor and director of the School of Physical Education and Exercise Science at the University of South Florida. He is the author of several books related to implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum and practice in early childhood physical activity settings. Amy Tischler is assistant professor in the Physical Education Teacher Education program at the University of Wiscosin-La Crosse. She studies how particular students and student groups are advantaged and disadvantaged in and through social practices in physical education and physical activity spaces.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/09/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight254 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byAmy Tischler,Sara Barnard Flory,Stephen Sanders
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.62
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £37.21Trending at £45.04
- £9.88Trending at £11.52
- £11.78Trending at £19.01
- £26.43Trending at £28.66
- £18.52Trending at £30.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.