All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.02
- £17.46Trending at £17.95
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.41
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive, multidisciplinary volume on biofuels in developing countries for academics, practitioners and policy makers.
- Author BiographyAlexandros Gasparatos is a James Martin Research Fellow at the Biodiversity Institute, Oxford University. He has published on a wide range of topics including biofuels, food security, energy security, ecosystem services, urban biodiversity and sustainability assessment. He has been involved in several major research projects during his time at Oxford University, the United Nations University (Yokohama, Japan) and the University of Dundee. Dr Gasparatos is committed to policy-relevant research and contributed to policy reports that were launched during the 10th Conference of the Parties of the Convention for Biological Diversity. He has a background in ecological economics (PhD, University of Dundee), environmental science (MSc, Imperial College, London) and chemistry (BSc, University of Patra). Per Stromberg is a Visiting Research Fellow at the United Nations University (Yokohama, Japan) and is an environmental economist at the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency. He is a Cambridge European Trust Fellow and holds a PhD and MSc in environmental economics (University of Cambridge and University College, London, respectively) and a BSc in economics (Stockholm University). He was awarded the James Claydon Prize in Economics from the University of Cambridge. Having lectured at universities in Japan and Peru, he was also responsible for the MSc module on environmental economics at the United Nations University. Currently his research focuses on the economics of climate change, ecosystem services and biofuel production and he has published widely on economic development and the environment. He has been a researcher for the UN Development Programme, the UN Economic Commission for Latin America, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the economics unit of the Delegation of the European Commission in Mexico and the International Institute for Environment and Development and previously headed the Sustainable Development Governance unit at the United Nations University's Institute of Advanced Studies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 26 colour illus. 23 maps
- Weight890 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlexandros Gasparatos,Per Stromberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.