Consider these sponsored items
- £37.79Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition of Sociolinguistic Theory brings together the most important descriptive and theoretical findings on linguistic variation and change.
- Author BiographyJ. K. Chambers is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Toronto. He is co-editor of The Handbook of Language Variation and Change (with Peter Trudgill and Natalie Schilling-Estes, Wiley-Blackwell, 2002), co-author (with Peter Trudgill) of Dialectology (2nd edition, 1998), and also author of other books and scores of articles. He works extensively as a forensic consultant, and maintains a parallel vocation in jazz criticism, including the prizewinning biography Milestones: The Music and Times of Miles Davis (1998).
- Author(s)J. K. Chambers
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2008
- Series TitleLanguage in Society
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight514 g
- Width162 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £27.78Trending at £28.94
- £13.17Trending at £19.17
- £12.00Trending at £18.98
- £23.31Trending at £29.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.