All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.93
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in association with International Sociological Association (ISA), this edited work is a timely collection from an international set of authors.
- Author BiographyArnaud Sales holds a Doctorat d'Etat es Lettres et Sciences Humaines, from Universite de Paris 7-Denis Diderot. He is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Montreal, Canada. He is a specialist in economic sociology focusing on the interface of the economic and political fields. His research interests center on the relations between the public and private spheres, and the emergence of international private authorities; economic and administrative elites, and knowledge workers; the role of knowledge in social transformations. His publications include: La Bourgeoisie industrielle au Quebec (PUM, 1979); Decideurs et gestionnaires (Editeur officiel du Quebec, 1985); He has edited or co-edited the following volumes: Developpement national et economie mondialisee (Sociologie et Societes, 1979); La recomposition du politique (PUM/L'Harmattan, 1991); Quebec, fin de siecle (Sociologie et Societes,1994); The International Handbook of Sociology (Sage, 2000); New Directions in the Study of Knowledge, Economy and Society (SSIS, Current Sociology, Sage, 2001); Knowledge, Communication and Creativity, (Sage, 2007). He was Vice-Dean of the Universite de Montreal's Faculty of Graduate Studies (1987-1992) and has chaired the Department of Sociology (2000-2007). He is a former Vice-President, International, of the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (1995-1998) where he founded the Knowledge, Economy and Society Network with R. Hollingsworth. After chairing the ISA Research Committee 02 on Economy and Society, he was elected Vice-President for Research (1998-2002) of the International Sociological Association and chaired ISA Research Council. In 2006, he was named Chevalier de l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques of France.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSage Studies in International Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byArnaud Sales
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.