All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of essays that aims to revive the sociological debate on the unintended, unanticipated and unexpected consequences of social action, as started by Robert K Merton in a classic study of 1936. It provides insights on both Merton's work and the reception it received in the academia.
- Author BiographyAdriana Mica is Assistant Professor at the University of Gdansk. Her publications include studies of scandals in communist and early post-communist Romania, dog population management in Romania and Moldavia, and diffusion of innovations in this domain. Her research interests have recently focused on the topic of embeddedness and diffusion types of energy-saving innovations. Arkadiusz Peisert is Assistant Professor at the University of Gdansk and the Pomeranian Academy in Slupsk. He is the chairperson of the Gdansk Branch of the Polish Sociological Association, a collaborator of the Institute of Public Affairs, and a member of European Sociological Association's Research Network 20. His fields of interest include civil society, innovations in democracy, public policy, evaluation studies, social history, and qualitative research methods. Jan Winczorek is Assistant Professor at the University of Warsaw. He has a vivid interest in many aspects of sociology of law and theoretical sociology. He is the author of the first full-length monograph of systems theory in Polish language and a number of other publications.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePolish Studies in Culture, Nations and Politics
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight610 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAdriana Mica,Arkadiusz Peisert,Jan Winczorek
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.