All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- Author(s)Diana Kendall
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1497 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement11th edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: STUDYING SOCIETY AND SOCIAL LIFE. 1. The Sociological Perspective. 2. Sociological Research Methods. 3. Culture. 4. Socialization. Part II: SOCIAL GROUPS AND SOCIAL CONTROL. 5. Social Structure and Interaction in Everyday Life. 6. Groups and Organizations. 7. Deviance and Crime. Part III: SOCIAL INEQUALITY. 8. Class and Stratification in the United States. 9. Global Stratification. 10. Race and Ethnicity. 11. Sex, Gender, and Sexuality. 12. Aging and Inequality Based on Age. Part IV: SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS. 13. The Economy and Work in Global Perspective. 14. Politics and Government in Global Perspective. 15. Families and Intimate Relationships. 16. Education. 17. Religion. 18. Health, Health Care, and Disability. Part V: SOCIAL DYNAMICS AND SOCIAL CHANGE. 19. Population and Urbanization. 20. Collective Behavior, Social Movements, and Social Change.
- Author BiographyDiana Kendall is Professor of Sociology at Baylor University, where she has been recognized as an Outstanding Professor. She has taught a variety of courses, including Introduction to Sociology, Sociological Theory (undergraduate and graduate), Sociology of Medicine, Sociology of Law, and Race, Class, and Gender. Previously, she enjoyed many years of teaching sociology and serving as chair of the Social and Behavioral Science Division at Austin Community College. Dr. Kendall's areas of specialization and primary research interests are sociological theory and the sociology of medicine. Her books include SOCIOLOGY IN OUR TIMES: THE ESSENTIALS (Cengage Learning, 2016), THE POWER OF GOOD DEEDS: PRIVILEGED WOMEN AND THE SOCIAL REPRODUCTION OF THE UPPER CLASS (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002), MEMBERS ONLY: ELITE CLUBS AND THE PROCESS OF EXCLUSION (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008), and FRAMING CLASS: MEDIA REPRESENTATIONS OF WEALTH AND POVERTY IN AMERICA, 2nd Edition (Rowman & Littlefield, 2012). Her most recent scholarly publication is Class: Still Alive and Reproducing in the United States, a book chapter in PRIVILEGE: A READER, 4th Edition (2016, Westview Press). Dr. Kendall is actively involved in national and regional sociological associations, including the American Sociological Association, the Society for the Study of Social Problems, and the Southwestern Sociological Association. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin, where she was invited to membership in Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.