All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.76Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers comprehensive information on the use of sol-gel processing in materials in energy systems, conversion, storage, and generation. The book focuses on processing, and covers related topics such as carbon sequestration, clean energy, and biofuels.
- Author BiographyDr. Lisa C. Klein is founder and first editor-in-chief of Springer's highly successful Sol Gel journal. Lisa also started the Sol Gel Book Series but due to other University activities and visiting position, had to reduce her involvement with the journal and Series. She is a leader in this field with good contacts. In 1998 Lisa received the Achievement Award of the Society of Women Engineers for breakthrough contributions in sol-gel science and engineering, particularly sol-gel applications in electrolytes, electrochromics, membranes and nanocomposites . Dr. Mario Aparicio completed his PhD in 1998 at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain. In 1999, he was awarded a 2-year fellowship from Minsterio de Educacio y Cultura to study hybrid proton exchange membranes at Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ. Presently, he is a researcher in the Institute de Ceramic y Vidris, CSIC, Madrid, where he continues to develop PEM membranes and sol-gel corrosion coatings. Dr. Andrei Jitianu completed his PhD in 2001 at the University of Bucharest, Roumania. He studied materials chemistry, mainly focusing on sol-gel processes. In 2007, he joined City University of New York. He has experience with sol-gel inorganic-organic hybrids for a variety of applications. In 2010 he received the Feliks Gross Endowment Award, as one of only two junior faculty selected for their research excellence from the Graduate Center of the entire City University of New York.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/02/2012
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAdvances in Sol-gel Derived Materials and Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAndrei Jitianu,Lisa Klein,Mario Aparicio
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.