All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- Author(s)Don M. Flournoy
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Space Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight193 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Chapter 1: What Is a Solar Power Satellite?.- Chapter 2: What are the Principal SunSat Services and Markets.- Chapter 3: What Will SunSats Look Like?.- Chapter 4: How Will SunSats Be Delivered to Space?.- Chapter 5: How Will SunSat Power Be Captured on Earth?.- Chapter 6: What is the Economic Basis for Solar Power Satellites?.- Chapter 7: What are the Legal Issues?.- Chapter 8: How is SunSat Development Faring Internationally?.- Chapter 9: What is Worrisome about Solar Power Satellites?.- Chapter 10: Top Ten Things to Know About Space Solar Power.- Glossary.- Index.
- Author BiographyDon M. Flournoy, Ph.D., is a professor of telecommunications at the Scripps College of Communication at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. He is founding editor of the Online Journal of Space Communication in publication since 2002. An active member of the National Space Society, Prof. Flournoy served for two terms (2002-2010) on the Board of Directors of the Society of Satellite Professionals International. Prof. Flournoy took his Ph.D. from the University of Texas, and earned a post-graduate Associateship from the University of London. He was Assistant Dean, Case Institute of Technology, Cleveland OH (1965-1969); Associate Dean, State University of New York/Buffalo NY 91969-1971); and Dean of the University College, Ohio University (1971-9181). For 15 years, Dr. Flournoy was director of a research center, the Ohion University Institute for Telecommunication Studies. He is the author of eight books and numerous articles, including writings on space solar power.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.