Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £11.90Trending at £13.27
About this product
- DescriptionAt the turn of the twentieth century, a consumer culture in the United States promoted constant spending to meet material needs and develop social identity and self-cultivation. This work examines the key players active in shaping this cultural evolution: advertisers and consumer advocates.
- Author BiographyCHARLES F. McGOVERN is associate professor of American studies and history at the College of William and Mary and a former curator at the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. He is coeditor of Getting and Spending: European and American Consumer Societies in the Twentieth Century.
- Author(s)Charles McGovern
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note50 illustrations, notes, bibliography, index
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.