All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.16
- £4.99Trending at £9.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book enhances technology for dynamic complexity and business optimal control, allowing for fast and reliable impact determination. It adds a new dimension to risk management that deals with the change in behavior of cost, quality and efficiency.
- Author BiographyDr. Nabil Abu el Ata, Founder and CEO, Accretive Technologies as Accretive's founder and CEO, Dr. Abu el Ata has invested over 20 years in perfecting the science behind the company's X-Act Platform with over 15 patents. He offers a breadth of analytical skills, risk management and business intelligence expertise, as well as IT and business process management knowledge. To say Dr. Abu el Ata has a passion for mathematics, science and technology and more specifically modeling of dynamic complexity for corporate systems would be under-statement. Having published two books, 15 scientific papers, and over 300 tech-nical and management reports, he has a proven ability to absorb, process and add insight on a wide variety of technological subjects. Dr. Abu el Ata's accomplishments include doctorate (Ph.D. and D.Sc. from Paris-Sorbonne) and bachelor's degrees in Mathematics and a master's degree in Physi-cal Sciences (Royal Observatory, Cambridge University). He is a valued former Doctorate Fellow of the European Space Organization; former Data Processing Director and Advisor for the French Atomic Energy Authority; and former CTO of First Data. Dr. Abu el Ata is also an advisory board member of the European Strategic Program for Research in IT; a Steering Committee member for European Programs: Pyramid, Europicon and Itaqua; an advisor to CLS, Deutsche Bank, First Data and BNPP and an advisory board member of French Employment Organization, French Ministry of Finance, French Postal Services, one of France's largest banks (Credit Agricole); an External Professor for a number of universities in France, the UK, and the US; and Laureate of ComputerWorld Honors 2008. Dr. Maurice J. Perks, Board Technology Adviser Accretive Technologies Dr. Perks joined IBM in 1968 as a Systems Engineer. Over the span of his 44-year career with IBM, Dr. Perks specialized in the design of IT systems for large organizations. He is a world authority on the development of IT sys-tems in a range of industry sectors, and particularly the financial sector. Dr. Perks is noted for his methodological approach, which helps to understand and assess the complex-ity of systems, and his ability to apply that knowledge to design and modify complex sys-tems. He is currently working to promote under-standing of modern IT systems complexity and is bringing new ways of combining the triangle of business knowledge, IT knowledge and mathematics to this challenge. He is constantly seeking new ways of avoiding the increasing complexity that IT sys-tems are externalizing to business change. He is a great believer in the increased use of modeling and simulation to help tame the growing challenges that business and IT change pose. His ability to understand real-world business and IT system design was recognised by IBM in 2002, when Dr. Perks became the first IBM Fellow to be appointed from within the IBM Services Division. As a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a Fellow of the Institute of Engineering and Tech-nology and a Royal Academy of Engineer-ing Visiting Professor of IT Integration at the University of York, Dr. Perks offers a wealth of knowledge and real world experience as Accretive's Board of Director, Technology Advisor. The Aston University, UK has recognized his sustained work on complex system design.
- Author(s)Maurice J. Perks,Nabil Abu El Ata
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note86 black & white illustrations, 6 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.