CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £44.83Trending at £49.49
- £42.58Trending at £46.00
- £7.97Trending at £11.98
- £9.98Trending at £13.77
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication18/09/2011
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Life Sciences
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content NoteXX, 424 p.
- Weight767 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byLars Terenius,Ove Franzen,R. Johansson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
- Table Of ContentsStructural basis of information processing and neocortical neurotransmitters.- Divergence of thalamocortical projections and limits on somatosensory cortical plasticity.- Inhibitory circuitry in relation to the functional organization of somatosensory cortex.- Pain, temperature, and the sense of the body.- The functional role of a noninactivating sodium current in neocortical neurons.- Psychophysics of somatosensation.- Information processing channels in the sense of touch.- A novel approach for studying direction discrimination.- Tactile directional sensibility; theoretical and functional aspects.- Experimental assessment of the temporal hypothesis of velocity scaling.- Vibrotactile adaptation of the RA system: A psychophysical analysis.- Tactile neural codes for the shapes and orientations of objects.- Tactual discrimination of softness: Abilities and mechanisms.- Representation of the shape and contact force of handled objects in populations of cutaneous afferents.- Haptic object processing I: Early perceptual features.- Haptic object identification II: Purposive exploration.- Cortical representation of somatosensation.- The somatosensory cortex.- The organization of lateral somatosensory cortex in primates and other mammals.- Serial processing in the somatosensory system of macaques.- Parallel processing in somatosensory areas I and II of the cerebral cortex.- Linearity as the basic law of psychophysics: Evidence from studies of the neural mechanisms of roughness magnitude estimation.- Form processing and attention effects in the somatosensory system.- Functional plasticity of cortical representations of the hand.- Sensory-motor interface.- Somatosensory signals and sensorimotor transformations in reactive control of grasp.- Strain-sensitive mechanoreceptors in the human skin provide kinaesthetic information.- A second tactile system in the human skin with unmyelinated primary afferents.- Factors influencing the perception of tactile stimuli during movement.- Changing the intended direction of movement.- Disturbances of motor behavior after parietal lobe lesions in the human.- Neuronal population behavior: Imaging techniques.- PET and fMRI scans of the cerebral cortex in humans and single neuron responses from SI in monkeys to rubbing embossed dot and grating patterns across a fingerpad.- Magnetic resonance functional mapping of cortical activation associated with differing sensorimotor hand paradigms.- Whole-head neuromagnetic recordings of human somatosensory cortical functions.- Optical imaging of intrinsic signals in somatosensory cortex.- Somatosensory and frontal cortical processing during pain experience.- Cortical Neurocomputation and modelling.- Local receptive field diversity within cortical neuronal populations.- Functional segregation and integration in the nervous system: Theory and models.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.