All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a Monday night in October, in a small seaside town in Suffolk, a woman is brutally murdered. But this is not a murder mystery: there are clues, detectives, all the paraphenalia of a whodunnit, but it is really the story of how a crime casts its shadow over everyone who lives in that community.
- Author BiographyJulie Myerson was born in Notttingham in 1960. She is the author of Sleepwalking (1993), The Touch (1996), Me and the Fat Man (1998) and Laura Blundy (2000). She lives in Clapham.
- Author(s)Julie Myerson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/11/2006
- Weight459 g
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- felthearts25 Jul, 2015by
Not a murder/mystery - much more than that.
Recommended to read this book as it is based in Southwold, Suffolk and I love that area. It was an interesting read, about the dynamics of relationships when something truly terrible happens. It's not really a murder/mystery/thriller type book. I think it gives you a sense of living in the area and how a community might feel should something happen like this. Not sure whether I empathised with the main character or not - she was interesting. Would have liked to know more about the murder victim, who died at the beginning of the book. Sad, provocative. An interesting summer read.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.94Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £5.58
- £4.15Trending at £4.52
- £4.58Trending at £4.99
- £3.99Trending at £7.98
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £7.67Trending at £8.99