CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.79Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary study, situated at the cross-section of music, literature and gender, examines the woman singer and her song as a literary motif in French and German prose fiction from the 1790s to the mid-nineteenth century. The book offers a fresh perspective on canonical singer archetypes as well as considering lesser-known narratives.
- Author BiographyJulia Effertz is a comparative literature scholar and an actress who specializes in women in the literature and culture of the nineteenth century from a comparatist perspective. Her work has appeared in the journals Cahiers Staeliens, Jahrbuch fur internationale Germanistik and French Studies as well as in the collected volumes Stael's Philosophy of the Passions (2013), Musique et litterature: rencontres Sainte-Cecile (2011), Violence in French and Francophone Literature and Film (2008) and Paragraphes: parcours figuratifs et configurations discursives du roman africain (2006).
- Author(s)Julia Effertz
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- Series TitleEuropean Connections
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.