All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £25.05
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £8.66Trending at £10.34
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
- £20.25Trending at £30.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional oral poems and songs of the South Slavs, translated here into English, were originally collected in the early-19th century by Serb scholar and linguist Vuk Karadzic. Notes and comments aid understanding of the poems, the history they record and the oral tradition beneath them.
- Author BiographyMilne Holton is professor of English and comparative literature at the University of Maryland. Among his books are The Big Horse: Stories of Modern Macedonia, Reading the Ashes, The New Polish Poetry, Austrian Poetry Today, and with Mihailovich, Serbian Poetry from the Beginnings to the Present. Vasa D. Mahailovich is professor emeritus of Slavic languages and literature at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. His many books include Introduction to Yugoslav Literature, White Stones and Fir Trees: An Anthology of Slavic Literature, Contemporary Yugoslav Poetry, Serbian Poetry from the Beginnings to the Present, and Dictionary of Literary Biography: South Slav Writers Before World War II.
- Author(s)Vuk Stefanovich Karadzic
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication17/04/1997
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitlePitt Series in Russian and East European Studies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content Notebibliograhy
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byMilne Holton,Vasa D. Mihailovich
- Volume editorMilne Holton,Vasa D. Mihailovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.