All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures writings of Julian, the last non-Christian Roman Emperor, and his most outspoken critic, Bishop Gregory of Nazianzus, a central figure of Christianity. This book compares these two men not to draw out the obvious contrast between the Church and the Emperor's neo-Paganism, but rather to find their common intellectual and social grounding.
- Author BiographySusanna Elm is Sidney H. Ehrman Professor of History and Classics at the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of Virgins of God: The Making of Asceticism in Late Antiquity.
- Author(s)Susanna Elm
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2015
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleTransformation of the Classical Heritage
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight703 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.